1. Project Description
In SharePoint based applications, if SharePoint developers or administrator wanted change the order of User Profile Properties, he/she has to depend on the SharePoint SSP for doing that. There is a drawback in SharePoint SSP for changing the order of user profile
properties is, users can at a time only move a property up/down which would take a round trip. Users will end up by spending much time when it is required to move bottom properties to top.
User Profiles Property Ordering Tool will help developers and administrators to change the order of profile properties very easily without spending much time. This tool will give the option of drag and drop facility by which users can just drag the property
and drop it at the required place by which it will save lot of time.
1. Very user friendly UI which can save lot of time by just drag and drop.
2. Has the logging enabled. All warnings or errors will be logged in the event log for diagnosing the issues in the tool.
3. Has the ability to provide SSP Site in the textbox provided in the top of the tool by which we can select which SSP site profile properties we want to change the order.
4. Able to change order of User Profile Properties within no time.
5. Update changed order properties to the backend.
6. Reset the changed the order of properties.
3.How to Use
• Double click the exe from the copied location.
• Provide the SSP site link in the textbox available in top of this tool.
• Click on the button “>>” which will retrieve all the user profile properties and display in the tree view.
• It will display all the properties in black font and sections in blue font which resembles like SSP site display style.
• Drag the property or section and drop in the required place.
• Perform the step 5 till you place all properties or sections in the required order.
• Click on Update button for submitting to backend
• Click on Reset button if you want to bring the changed order to the original state.